Zen Natural Beds offers to the original purchaser, a guarantee to replace or repair the product against faulty workmanship or materials for the period stated on our “Taking Care” instructions (see below).
The original purchaser, needs to provide proof of their original purchase, with the original purchase receipt. Warranty is not transferable.
In order to make a claim, the customer must notify us of the fault within 14 days after it has appeared. You will need to provide us with, full name and address, details of the fault, and, original proof of purchase receipt.
Notification of the fault can be made either by, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to, Zen Natural Beds, 11 Overend St, East Brisbane 4169.
The Zen Natural Beds guarantee does not cover the following
1. Body imprint in mattress. A body imprint of up to 30mm is considered normal and not a defect. Over time an imprint will occur in any mattress, as the mattress conditions and conforms to the body. Regular flipping and rotating, minimises body imprint, by evenly conditioning the mattress.
2. Mould. To prevent mould from occurring on covers and padding materials, it is the customer’s responsibility, to flip and rotate, the mattress regularly, (at least once a month, or more depending on humidity of the room, and ventilation under the bed frame) & ensure adequate room ventilation. Futon and Latex mattresses require open slatted bed bases.
3. Picking up / collecting or re-delivering any guaranteed goods. Charges will apply for this service as per consumer law.
4. A mattress or base that is found by Zen Natural Beds to be in a stained or unsanitary condition
5. A mattress or base that is not to your liking, such as, being too firm or too soft
6. Normal wear & tear
7. Damage caused by mishandling
8. Base or mattress damage, caused by base connecting fittings, not having required tension maintained sufficiently.
10. Mattress damage caused by one or more of the following:
– defective slats
– a base that does not provide adequate support in the centre
– where slats are more than 8cm apart
– where the base does not provide a flat even support
11. Use of the mattress or base, for anything other, than what it is intended
• Futon -100% Cotton. Cotton & wool. (5 YEAR GUARANTEE)
These mattresses will pack down quite firm over time. If a body imprint is left in the mattress, roll it up each day until the cotton/wool has settled and compacted evenly. Flip and rotate mattress regularly – once a week. Air in direct sunlight regularly (2 weeks) to fluff cotton and remove moisture. Mattress needs to be on an open, slatted base with adequate ventilation under mattress. 5 year guarantee
• Futon – Cotton foam core, Cotton foam core wool, (5 YEAR GUARANTEE)
Flip and rotate mattress regularly – once a fortnight. Air in direct sunlight (6 weeks) or as necessary ie. if needs “fluffing up”. Mattress needs to be on an open slatted base with adequate ventilation under mattress. 5 year guarantee
• Zen Latex Mattresses, Peace and Stillness ranges (15 YEAR GUARANTEE)
Flip and rotate mattress regularly (every four to six weeks) or more, if the room is damp, has poor air circulation, or the bed frame does not have adequate ventilation under the mattress. Mattress needs to be on an open slatted base with adequate ventilation under mattress.
Flip and Rotate
Have another person assist you, Flip (turn side over side) and rotate (head end to foot end) mattress regularly, at least once a month to six weeks.
Futon – Do not unzip futon case or cut ties.
If mattress becomes soiled or moldy, use a small amount of diluted bleach and/or soap powder in water, and gently rub, only, the effected area. Wipe and then dry in the sun. If mattress becomes wet, air immediately in direct sunlight, or dry gently with a hairdryer for small effected areas. Any form of dampness or mould, air in direct sunlight.
Latex – Bamboo Cover may be gently unzipped, removed, and cold water washed.
Your choice of base will impact the mattress lifespan and comfort level. A slatted base as described below is required, and will provide the necessary support and ventilation. The slats should be maximum 9cm width and minimum 5cm to maximum 8cm apart for adequate aeration and support. (The slat needs to be supplying 60% support, with the slat gap supplying no more than 40% ventilation for the total mattress area).
Zen Natural Bed bases have a 5 YEAR GUARANTEE